Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Nachtwey
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:43:27 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:

> By the way, the famous photo of the mother bathing her mercury poisoned
> daughter from Minamata has been withdrawn from circulation.  It seems that
> the widow of Smith gave the copyright of the photo to the mother, who has
> decided that she no longer wishes to see the photo in any new publications,
>  She has even made a general request that galleries stop displaying the photo.
>
> >From an article in the June/July issue of Camera Arts by Jim Hughes.
>
> Dan C.
>
><Snip>
ON a side issue this is the image i always refer to in discussions with natural
light worshippers or flash discussions in general as it is thought of as being a
great example of a natural light photo while he actually had used several
battery powered strobes.
This I got from a better camera magazine ten or twenty years ago.
A mural sized version of that print was up at my school for a traveling
photographic show and i used to pass it everyday without NOT looking at it!
Mark Rabiner

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Re:Nachtwey)