Subject: Re: [Leica] Highly technical lens cap question
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:47:07 -0400

"Don't use the lens cap..." - Peter

"I...SOLD the darned thing..." - Richard

"I did the same..." - Lucien

"You could glue a piece of plastic on the front of a filter ring..." - Rob

"I held a small nail with a pliers, heated the nail, and dragged a couple of
tracks, etc...." - Michael

"I've had good results with a 42mm push-on plastic cap made by Kaiser..." -
Peter M.C.

"I use a Bower screw-in metal lens cap..." - Pitak

"I seem to recall Leitz used to make screw-in (metal???) lens caps..." - Art

"The little screw-in hood for the 50 f2.8 Elmar solves the problem
nicely..."  - John

Thanks, fellas, to all for the advice.  I'll keep the lens, thank you (only
because I always manage to lose about $500 every time I do a trade) and try
to find a screw-in cap.  I forget about them!  I used to have one, in fact,
but traded it for something (losing, no doubt, about 500 bucks!).

I'd try Michael's very clever solution, but I think Leica would consider it
a modification and void the warranty.  I'm presuming a lens cap that costs
30 bucks comes with a warranty, doesn't it?  (Now where did I put that lens
cap warranty card?).

Craig
Boston

Message from "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@bellatlantic.net> (Re: [Leica] Highly technical lens cap question)