Subject: Re: [Leica] Recommendations for San Diego and New Orleans?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 17:28:55 -0400

Julian Thomas jotted down the following:

> I take it that the 25 is a voigtsina? How do you like it? I need something
> wider than my 35 lux asph and as I like the voigt 75 I though I might
> consider it. What do you think? I mainly shoot SP.

Yep, it's a Voigtländer Skopar.  Love that 25.  VF is fabulous.  Small
package, sharp, takes E39 filters like my 35 'cron, 50 'cron, and 90 T-E, so
it makes a perfect travel package.  Great for sweeping vistas and interiors
(although the 15mm would be even better for interiors: I may very well add
one one of these days).

More fun than a 28 Elmarit, a hell of a lot cheaper.  The 25-35-50-90
set-up, four filters (Y, G, O, R), small table-top tripod (Bogen with Kaiser
head) and Sekonic 308B meter makes a great all-round package that can handle
almost all travel photography and fits into a small bag.  Certainly all the
stuff I run into.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | iCon          iDole       iRate
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | iDeal         iDull       iMage
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | iSue          iOn         iGnorance