Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF focussing problems
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:18:04 -0500

>(He would
>not say the word Leica in the entire conversation). When I pointed
>out that the
>camera has 35mm framelines but there's no Konica 35mm lens yet, and
>it seemed like
>the Kompany  adopted the M mount precisely because people could use
>M lenses, he
>disagreed. He repeated that the camera is not meant to be 100%
>compatible with other
>brands' lenses.
>
>I do find Konica's attitude a bit upstart, but I do like the camera
>anyway for other
reasons.

I wouldn't find this to be unusual. After all, they have lenses they
want to sell, perhaps a 35mm is in development. And they can only
support the product they manufactured, not perhaps another brand of
lens.

Just like Microsoft blaming the hardware. "Call your PC
manufacturer." And then the hardware guy says call Microsoft. :)

- -R
- --

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (501) 421-7942 FAX (fax direct to my email)