Subject: [Leica] No Subject
From: GERALD HAUSSLER <GHAUSSLE@email.usps.gov>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:57:11 -0500

     On Fri, 23 June 2000, "Walter Levy" wrote:

     > Sold a lovely IIIg with 5cm
     > collapsible Elmar(?) for $400 in the 80s.  The guy who bought it
     sent his
     > wife in while he waited in the car (probably for a quick getaway!)
     She
     > plunked down the cash, grabbed the camera and was off like a shot.
     $400...
     > sheesh!
     >
     > Anybody else want to step up to the plate?

     in the late 70's i wanted to try out the LTM line. (i already had
     been playing around w/ my first M3) paid $400 for a IIIF w/ leicavit
     & some c-word lens. all near mint the 'vit' didn't even have a
     bright mark on it. i decided the viewing system was too 'squinty'
     and traded it all for a motor drive & battery pack for my F2.
     before you get out the violin, i made up for it last year. an auction
     on Ebay for a M4MOT didn't have pix. i wrote the seller who got them
     to me a few hours before the auction closed. thinking it looked
     great, i bid accordingly & won. then he mails & says "...trouble..."
     seems the eyepiece lens was missing...a fact he overlooked & failed to
     include in the description. even tho i had pix, he took the liberty
     of ordering a new one from Leica USA & overnighting it to his tech

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@cyberhighway.net> (Re: [Leica] No Subject)