Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip Report - Fog
From: Wilber Jeffcoat <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:57:02 -0400

Tina: I'm getting in on this at the tail end (so to speak). Question,
fogging on the leader end or the spool end? Complete fogging edge to edge
is usually one of two things (IMHO). Film was exposed to light by the A.
Photographer  B. The Manufacture. As this is only on the one type of film
and is the same amount (?) on each roll my vote would be a manufacturing
glitch. Did this show up on different  processing batches or was it limited
to one. I had something very similar happen 33 yr. ago with a Twin Lens
Rollie, shooting Tri X 120 at a High School football game. Shot 2 rolls,
ran them together. One was fine the other was fogged edge to edge. It was
Kodak who goofed as we found 4 others rolls the same in that 20  roll
brick. Usually heat failure will cause the asa to goof and you can get some
fogging but it is usually mottled. You mentioned the X-Ray, if this was the
problem then I think you would have more than just ends fogged. Hope you
figure it out. Please let us know. BTW was this limited to just one camera
body or to several?
Cheers Wilber