Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip Report - Fog
From: "Robert Stack" <ticino@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:55:42 -0500

Hi Tina:
I know you have received a number of suggestions from other Leica
detectives, so may be one more might help.  A short while ago I found a
batch of T-max 400 film was fogged on the top edge.  This film was hand
processed in Jobo tanks just as were Agfapan 25 and 64 rolls which had no
such fogging.  With the help of Jobo, we found that one of the Jobo tank
tops had a hairline crack that emitted enough light to sensitize the T-max
400, but not the slower Agfapan films.  Found the offending top, replaced it
and the problem disappeared.
I can conceive that a similar crack, possibly in the body of the tank, could
emit enough light to fog the film located on the outside of the reel, which
would be in the area of 4 to 5 frames.  Hercule Poirot signing off.
Bob Stack

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Trip Report - Fog)