Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Sally Mann, digest V17 #195
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:52:03 -0400

ARTHURWG@aol.com jotted down the following:

> At the same time,
> what about those "Inferno" pictures by Mr. Nachtwey? I see something truely
> obscene in those-- his obvious satisfactions from the suffering of others.

Eh..., yeah..., right.  I suppose that a much better alternative would be
NOT to take pictures of "disturbing" subject matters so as not to offend
those in sheltered affluent civilizations with proof of the atrocities that
takes place around the world?

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |     "Life imitates email."
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |                -- Johnny Deadman