Subject: [Leica] Leicaholics Anonymous
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:43:07 +1200

At 12:01 AM -0700 26/6/2000, Hugh wrote:
>What happens when you have more than
>one, with several lenses, does the need to be with them become overwhelming?
>Is it difficult to go outside and perhaps take photographs because some have
>to be left at home?

The short answer is 'It gets easier' but it does take a while. My M3
used to stay within hand's reach next to the computer (3 months?).
Now it watches from behind me on a shelf with the Leica III. Once you
have more than one, you can leave them alone and tell them to talk
amongst themselves when you're out of the room.

I'm still trying to get them to breed, thus far without success. I'll
send my first-born to Solms, but the others will be passed out with
wild abandon! I'm thinking of buying a huge changing bag for them
soon, i think they might be shy, and i'd hate them to get
claustrophobic.

Take care,
Gary

- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University