Subject: [Leica] film freeze: uncool?
From: Guy Bennett <guy.bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:19:32 +0200

>I hope someone has the definitive answer to this....
>
>In my new house in Switzerland the fridge is quite small and I suspect
>that my wife prefers to keep food in it rather than my films. On the
>other hand, there is a huge freezer in the basement. I recall someone
>saying that freezing film is not good for some reason, which I forgot.
>What is the scoop? My impression is that freezing is OK as long as one
>allows the film 12 hours to come up to room temperature before opening
>the plastic canister.
>
>TIA.
>
>Nathan

nathan and other film chillers:

could putting film in the FREEZER, and then having to let it thaw before
using it, possibly be bad for the film? i know some folks like to keep
their film in the fridge (thus wasting space that might otherwise house
inedible leftovers), but putting the film on ice in the freezer just seems
too radical to contemplate. what is the word on this chilling technique???

guy (who keeps his film in a cool closet, on a dark shelf, behind the socks)

p.s. nathan, was your question 'what is the scoop?' rhetorical, or just a
bad pun? (it sent my mind a-racing through the litany of 31 flavors...)

Replies: Reply from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] film freeze: uncool?)