Subject: Re: [Leica] Photokina Rumors
From: CamraLuvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:50:22 EDT

This is not a rumor, just wishful thinking.  As we all know the SM
rangefinder craze is finding knew life these days as proven by the release of
the Voightlander, Konica, and Nikon's new SM cameras and lenses.  Even Leitz
has re-released some of their newer asph. lenses in screw mount.  In light of
this, I have a hunch Leica is going to do something in the form of a
Millennium 2001 celebration camera to go with these new SM lenses.  I don't
mean to start a "2000 or 2001 is the real millennium" debate, but I see
Leica, due to their technical and traditional way of thinking in general,
putting their emphasis on 2001.  With this in mind I have a fantasy of
something to echo what Nikon did with the new SP by re-releasing the Leica
IIIg 2001 celebration camera combined with the features offered by the new
Hexar RF.  Excuse me a moment while I wipe the drool of my keyboard.  Again
this is just fantasy, but I do feel that Leica must have something up their
sleeves.  I hope so anyway.
John (CamraLuvr)