Subject: Re: [Leica] Eyes with Summaron: Any Good?
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 10:07:03 +0100

Doug Cooper wrote:

> Does anyone here have experience using the bugeyes on a Summaron with an
> M3?  Are they optically good?  Weirdly distorted?  Dark?
>
> Also, what's the quality of Wratten filters?  (Just got a bunch with my
> Miniature Graphic.)
>
> cheers,
>
> Doug Cooper
While I have not used a Summaron with eyes, I have used a 35 mm Summmicron
with eyes on my M-3 for several years. The eyes are bright enough but they
introduce some distortion around the edges, some seem to have more distortion
than others. On the other hand it is very convenient not having to use an
auxiliary finder, also for we bespectacled folk, the 50 mm frame line in the
M3 is easier to see with glasses than the 35 mm frame line in .72 finders.

Forget not being noticed with all that superstructure on your camera though,
the eyes beg for attention.
John Shick