Subject: Re: [Leica] Hexar RF Focusing Problems?
From: Gaifana@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:51:45 EDT

A lot of the prerelease cameras apparently had the back focus distance reset
in both the bodies and the lenses to dispel the rumors (true) that the camera
takes Leica M lenses.   This problem was reported in a lot of the European
magazines last year.

Having tested the focus with an 85/2 Jupiter and Nikkor and a 50/1.2 Canon
wide open close up with the Hexar (early and middle production bodies), I can
pretty confidently say they had what was an (intentionally) bad camera.

BTW: the infinity point with the 50/2 M-Hexanon's coupling is about 1km away,
something that can really throw you off.  Also, focusing can seem off if you
shoot through double-pane glass.  But I haven't seen a shot now in several
thousand where the focus missed.