Subject: [Leica] Re: One remarkable Kasemann photo
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:16:00 -0700

At 08:42 PM 6/22/00 -0400, Andre Jean Quintal wrote:
> http://www.xmurillo.com/photos/199909/9908-LaBresse-Start_.jpg
>
>This directs to technique and not to content but:
>	Might be the photog used some kind of high-end super-multicoated
>Kasemann
>polarizer! a warm one at that.
>as they are sure cutting through the UV like nobodies bizness.
>Mark Rabiner
>
>	--> I agree something made this shot unusually "clean",
>	beyond the subject matter and "atmospherics".
>
>	Kasemann ? I'm checking into this right as I press "SEND".
>
>	A J Q

A Kasemann polarizer is simply a hermetically sealed and guaranteed
optically flat polarizer. As with a non Kasemann, you can get a warm
version. But the bottom line is that it is simply a standard polarizer. No
special "polarizer" properties. Just sealed and flat.

Jim

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: One remarkable Kasemann photo)
Message from Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com> ([Leica] One remarkable photo)