Subject: Re: [Leica] Build Quality of Lenses
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:59:00 -0400

I've noticed that about my DR as well.  I actually prefer using my 50
Summilux, but I'm holding on to my DR, mainly because I admire its
mechanical workmanship.  Even little things like the way the dots on the
aperture scale line up with the reference dot are nice.  And optically it
is still very good, very sharp.  I just prefer the bokeh of the Summilux.

Dan C.

At 10:37 AM 21-06-00 -0400, Doug Cooper wrote:
[snip]

>This DR Summicron, on the other hand, is about as well made as
>anything I've ever held in my hands.  It's a joy.  I'm determined, now, to
>buy only the earlier lenses, unless the optical performance of the
>recent versions are vastly superior.  Call it a fetish thing.
[snip]