Subject: RE: [Leica] The Noctilux and toy cameras: cousins of the surreal
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:15:02 -0400

I can't stand it. A $14 Holga can accomplish much the same thing as a $3000
Noctilux? First, define "much the same thing; second explain how you are
comparing the results of an image captured by a piece of plastic with a  max
aperture of, what? f17500? using iso 3200 film, against a piece of world
class glass using virtually grainless iso 100 - or slower film - because the
max ap of the Noctilux will allow you to shoot the same photo that requires
3200 with the Holga using much slower film.

And no, I don't have a Noctilux.

B. D.