Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: The camera doesn't lie!
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:36:12 -0700

><Snip>
> Do you feel this is right or wrong?
>
> ted

People don't trust photographs, they were never real, always capable of
corruption and people know it.
life magazine was so obviously airbrushed all those years
Doctored photos are just part of the global culture.
	Lee Harvey Oswald in the backyard.
	Mao in the ocean.
No ones going to bet on those questionable realities.
Now any grade school kid is licensed for advanced cloning in Photoshop
Have all the airbrushes dried up?
And sound recordings never had any ultimate reality either.
No! there is no sure deal as to a recorded reality.
We've learned to take any recording of reality with a grain of salt.
And try to trust what we experience directly the most.
Mark Rabiner