Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:18:52 -0700

At 7:18 PM -0400 6/19/00, ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:
>Like my nine-year-old says, "Duh." Henning, all that is SO obvious. The point
>is that you'll have to show me a picture-- one that worth taking--  that
>couldn't be made with a 1.4 lens instread of a Noctilux, , both using Delta
>3200.  The second point is that the NoctiLUX  is a  LUXury now that film is
>so much faster than it was in 1929. Arthur

Sheeesh!!!! What is there that you are having trouble with? If the answer
that I gave is so obvious, and you (or your nine-year-old) saw it long ago,
why did you ask it? As with other photographic items, one f-stop is
sometimes wasted, at other times essential. No more, no less. The ultimate
available film speed has nothing to do with it. Your present stipulation
that the photo be _Worthwile_ certainly has nothing to do with it. Get over
it. Have fun. Take pictures, with the film and lenses that you have. This
is not a point to debate; it is a fact of physics as laid out shortly after
the big bang. Photos 'that (are) worth taking' has nothing to do with
available apertures, Leicas or whatever gods you worship, or often even
what others have to say about them.

Use the apertures you have.

Let there be light.

Onto the film.

Exposed reasonably.

Developed to your hearts content.

Printed digitally, in an argentium fashion or via pixels on the www.

Enjoy.

Share.

Publish.

Let me rant no more. ;-)

I'm off to get some sunset shots with my f/4 fisheye on my HIE in my M4.

peace

quiet

possibly scotch

   *            Henning J. Wulff