Subject: Re: [Leica] "Click"
From: Jlaird@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 23:11:42 EDT

In a message dated 06/19/2000 3:06:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
bosjohn@mediaone.net writes:

> Nor do I share in the madness, but I have also noticed that no two of my
>  Leicas sounds alike.  My stand out favorite and best sounding to my ear
was
> my
>  old M3. (which I sadly sold when a pressing need for money arose) sr.
701243,

>  a very early M.  This had the silkiest most buttery sound with not a trace
> of
>  sharpness, where as my M4-2 and M-6 both sound a bit louder and have a more
>  truncated beginning and end.
>  John

I'll second that. I just got my 'new' M3 back from Sherry after a CLA and I
can't even hear the shutter if there's even the least bit of white noise in
the room. Bit of a disadvantage some times...I find that pets perk up their
ears better when they hear the shutter of most other cameras. They just
ignore me now!

Jim L.