Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICAUSA: That ain't no customer, that's....
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:10:18 -0500

I once bought a Leitz product from a well know mail order dealer in the U.S.
and I knew it was essentially a gray market item.   I asked him about a
warranty and he said I could always send it to Canada using the
International warranty.

My assumption has always been that if you want Leica USA to fix something
under the International warranty, you had to prove you bought it outside the
U.S.

It's up to the buyer and seller to make sure there isn't any confusion about
what's going on.

Bud

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] LEICAUSA: That ain't no customer, that's....)
Reply from "Jim Laurel" <JimLaurel@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] LEICAUSA: That ain't no customer, that's....)