Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:12:34 -0700

>Soory, you got that wrong. You seem to miss my point entirely, Henning. I'd
>like to see the Delta 3200 shot with a noctilux that couldn't have been made
>with a 1.4 lens. Can you show it to me? Arthur

I think you miss the point. One more stop is one more stop. Some people pay
a lot of money to go from a 180/2.8 to a 180/2, others pay to go from a
300/4 to a 300/2.8. This one stop can make a difference.

With a Noctilux, any shot I show you which I took at f/1 could not have
been made with a Summilux, whether I did it for the shallow depth of field
or to salvage a 1/30 sec instead of a 1/15.

Some conditions dictate Delta 3200 pushed to that speed, some conditions
allow you to shoot at 1600 with the Noctilux where the Summilux would have
needed 3200, and you would have wound up with almost one stop less shadow
detail and greater grain.

One stop is one stop.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design