Subject: Re: [Leica] E-Bay Advise
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:00:36 -0400

> I pass on my Goof.
> I picked up an M3 from E-Bay  a couple months ago that was listed as being
> in perfect working order but being sold AS IS with no reserve. I had to wait
> a month for lens adapters before I could  make a test.
> Well I ruined 3 rolls of film before I learned the problem. The rewind knob
> fails to rewind the film. The prongs on the end  of the rewind shaft engage
> but slip when turned.
> Has any one on the List experienced this problem and if so what is the
> solution?
> The next time I will not trust the sellers statement.
> HELP
> Major Waechter
> USAF Retired
>
> PS, What is the best place in the North East for an M3 repair?

Major Waechter,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The best place in the North East to get
your M3 repaired is Sherry Krauter, located in the woods in upstate New
York. The best time to get her on the phone is late afternoon. BTW she is
not real good at returning phone calls.

Sherry Krauter
Golden Touch Camera Repair
118 Purgatory Road