Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Rapidwinder and film mis-advance/loading....
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:35:24 -0400

For me the trick was in discovering the root of the problem: the slight kink
(warp?) in the first inch or so of the film gets caught on somewhere
(shutter curtain edge?) on the way into the camera; as long as I make sure I
work the bottom edge of the film past that catch, all is well.  I can't rely
on the basket for this, either--it merely pushes the film edge into that
catching point.  Once I've got the film past it, all is well--every time (so
far!).

One nice side benefit to the folds in the leader method, though: when
rewinding, the film will catch at that point, so if you're a fan of leaving
the leader out on exposed film, this method does the trick.

Dan