Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Was Superman a vegetarian?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 01:17:24 -0400

Byron Rakitzis jotted down the following:

>> How about "veg-aquarian"?
>
> Sorry to follow up on myself, but I remembered what a friend of mine
> also quipped about fish-eating vegetarians:
>
> No if by land,
>
> Yes if by sea.

Ten years ago, I was a fish-eating vegetarian for medical reasons, but have
since strayed from the faith.  Anyway, during that time, I was in France one
summer where I was visiting a friend who worked as an au pair at the time.
The family she was with took us out dinner one evening and the subject of
frog's legs came up.  The father of the family tried to convince me that
frogs were fish, since they lived in water.  I adamantly maintained that
they were amphibia and therefore definately NOT part of my diet.

These days I'm not a vegetarian, I'm just picky with what I eat ;)

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | "Once you understand the process of co-
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | ordination, it's much easier to avoid.
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | Knowledge is power."  -- K. Christoffersen.