Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Scotch
From: "Ross McLeish" <loksi@dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 18:36:15 +1000

Martin Howard spat the dummy:

> Oh please!  Look, if you want to drink Scotch whisky, then leave that JW
> sludge alone and go for some REAL stuff.  Try Laphroaig, Caol Ila, Ardbeg,
> Bruichladdich, or Bowmore 12yo.  Or sip an 18yo (12?) Talisker, the 21yo
> Springbank, a Lagavulin Double Matured, or Bowmore Darkest.  Even Highland
> Park goes down well on a chilly evening.  But JW Blue Label is just
> repackaged Cardhu with some other stuff thrown in to fill out the bottle.

Chill out old boy.....what a snob! Seriously.....but I like BL (and spend
rather too much $$ on it) and rather too many other labels (of whatever
colour you choose). I drink for enjoyment (as I am certain do you). Rather
like I make photos for enjoyment, and for that purpose I choose Leicas,
Rolleis, and Linhofs for enjoyment and pleasure (oh dear, that must make ME
a snob, too!).
Oh well, in a world of six billion or so, we can't all like the same scents
and flavours, can we? I'm certain the two of us cannot be here unless we
share an enjoyment of something? (Leica?).
Best regards (for whatever tipple),
Ross

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Vacheron, Dunhill, Walther, etc. WAS:Re: [Leica] OT: Scotch)