Subject: Re: [Leica] Need equipment suggestion
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:23:44 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/00 12:13:35 PM, RCLOMPUS@SLGUS.JNJ.COM writes:

<< If you could take only 1-2 lenses from an R or M system, what would you

take?  It may sound silly to many but I'm getting tired of carrying a 15

pound camera bag.  It wasn't so bad when I was a college kid (mostly Canon

gear then) but at 46 I'd rather walk more and feel better at night. >>

I'm using one M6 body with 15Heliar, 35/2ASPH, and 50/2. The Heliar is so
lightweight, it really doesn't make sense not carrying it. Since I cannot do
without something longer, I use a Nikon FE2 body with 75-150 zoom. The 75-150
is very sharp, in spite of being lightweight, and the FE2 body is compact as
well. I think I have $400.00 invested in the used black body and lens. It all
fits well in a small domke bag, and I can carry it all day without feeling
lopsided at the end of the day. Sometimes I throw a Nikkor 28/2.8D lens in
the bag(It's lighter than the MF lenses). When I want a snapshot camera, it
goes on the FE2 with autoexposure mode, and works well for happy snaps.

Scott Stewart