Subject: [Leica] macaroni & cheese
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:15:57 +1200

Mark R wrote:

>One tablespoon of dry Wheatina = one cup of Wheatina in the bowl! Fills you
>right up!
>I put real maple syrup in it!
>I ate that for years in my 20's, and hard boiled eggs. The rest went for film!
>Mark Rabiner
>If i had to go it again I'd buy bags of dried beans and rice.

I've lived on rice, and believe me, although i've never had it,
Wheatina and eggs was a much better way to go! Wheatina sounds like
my instant pudding recipe. I don't know if you have this stuff in the
US, but Instant Pudding is this powdered "stuff" you usually make
with milk and set in the fridge. But really weird things happen to it
if you bake it for a while. You end up with this rubbery stuff that
fills you up after a couple of tablespoons--for days!

Actually, the more i think about this the more on topic it
seems....I'm sure if you baked it for an extra hour, you'd end up
with the original Leica Vulcanite. Mark, you want to see if we can
get some of that all-pervasive Venture Capital money out of the Bay
area?

Take care,
Gary
"...at my engagement party a few years ago I shot with a 12 gauge shotgun
loaded with double O buckshot, dead center, a propane cannister
attached to a can of gasoline which made a spectacular fireball in
the night outside Owl Farm. I was proud, and I know he [Dad] was, too. "

                                          -Hunter S Thompson's son Juan

Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University