Subject: RE: [Leica] Flash bracket
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:28:00 -0700

I confess, too. I was "persuaded" to shoot my friends' wedding in Ireland
last month, and out of sheer terror packed along a flash and a Bantam
battery pack, as I had no idea where I'd be shooting, or even at what time
of day. I skipped any sort of bracket, though, and instead press-ganged a
friend into holding it, away from the camera on a coiled flash cord. (I also
made him call me b'wana, which wasn't much appreciated.) It worked okay for
the indoor shots--you can get some more interesting modeling than with
on-camera flash. But we eventually adjourned to the patio, which was nicely
lit by light overcast, and I was able to dispense with the flash
contraption. But you might want to give the "bipod light stand" a try.

That was strictly for the color police-lineup shots for the relatives. The
rest of the day/night/following morning was shot with high-speed b&w, from
the ceremony to the reception to the dimly-recalled pub crawl, and was
wildly successful.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.