Subject: [Leica] OT: The Fourth Stooge and His Graflex
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:01:39 -0400 (EDT)

Rich wrote:  I think there's very few of the tv series where Jimmy Olson uses
>a camera;  it's a Graflex press style, that I remember.  BTW, I saw
>a Three Stooges series that had a courtroom photographer using a
>flash with a large Graflex SLR.

Interesting.  Just yesterday I bought a Miniature Speed Graphic
(2x3)!  Which makes me the Fourth Stooge (or, more accurately, the
Fifth; there was a mysterious fourth).  Or perhaps Doug Cooper, cub
reporter.  I'm looking forward to this in a big way.  It's a 1946
model, but it's been retrofitted with a Graflock back (crucial), and it
has a coated Ektar 101mm lens.  I just stumbled across resolution numbers
for this lens, btw, and -- is this possible? -- it seems to outperform the
Planar on a Rolleiflex 3.5F!  (When stopped down, that is -- it's a Tessar
formula.)  If anyone here has Graflex experience, I'd love to hear from
them.  Off-list, I guess (unless there's an overwhelming interest on
the LUG).

cheers,

Doug Cooper