Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG Photo Critique
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:51:54 -0400

First, I wouldn't put it on a commercial site, because I'd want to avoid the
damn banner and other sh*t they stuck on those.  I hate them.

Secondly, I suggested one picture at a time, because I thought that several
pictures would distract from a meaningful discussion about the relative
merits of a shot.  But, perhaps comparison is useful.

Thirdly, my suggestion for a photo a month was based upon the volume of
shots that people submit to the LUG community to view on any given month,
and on my assessment of how many messages such a forum might receive.

Finally, the idea to make it a LUG thing is because we are interested in
photography with Leicas (although it should of course be perfectly
acceptible to submit pictures taken with any type of camera) and to add more
photographic content to the discussions on this list.  I'm sure that the
primary function would not be educationary, but social, just like the list
at large.

Anyway, all that taken together, my suggestion would be for two photos a
week by the same photographer (contrast and compare; greater rotation),
placed on a non-commercial site.  There would be no limitations on subject
matter, style, equipment, or content, only on size of image.  Photo's would
be posted anonymously, the person who has submitted them would then be free
to either disclose who they are or not.

Other suggestions?  If not, I'll whip something up over the weekend as an
alpha version and we'll see where it goes from there.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     | iCon          iDole       iRate
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | iDeal         iDull       iMage
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | iSue          iOn         iGnorance