Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Positive vs. Negative
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:45:53 -0700 (PDT)

When I got back into photography, I shot slides a lot. Good way to learn. You
get instant feedback.

But then I got back into B&W and printing, which is how I started originially
in high school. I then found it really hard to shoot slides and B&W at the same
time if I wanted some color snaps on trips and stuff. All my slides come out
overexposed because I get used to biasing exposure to the shadows.

So this last trip I brought NPH instead of Sensia... and its great. Low
contrast, and expsoure for the shadows works well just like with B&W. The
colors are nice too. Not Velvia nice, but saturated. Its also nice to have the
exposure latitude, even if I don't really need it. It lets you get a well
exposed evening shot on top of the Eiffel tower with a point and shoot balanced
on the siteseeing telescope because they don't let tripods up there. :)

Might even get a couple of big prints made.

Pete