Subject: [Leica] Cheaper Noctilux, faster film, What about Color???
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:47:02 -0500

Arthur wrote:

>A cheaper Noctilux: Delta 3200.

This can be true at times...... Except some of us now shoot more color than
B&W and prefer finer grain and better detail over faster film...  4 years
ago I shot 80% of my work in B&W, I'm down to less than a roll a month, and
that is for passport and Visa paperwork.  I am still using it for some
personal work which goes in streaks.

In some situations you can use 800 or 1600 C-41 films and they don't look
too bad, But they are not anywhere near as nice as stuff shot with 100 or
400 when you do enlargements...

For slides, 400 ASA film isn't anywhere near as nice as 100 Provia and 800
or 1600 slide films are near worthless IMHO.

So... Faster film is not always a viable option, but it can be depending on
your needs and preferences.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador