Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:30:30 +0400

Akhil Lal wrote:

> Hello Bernard,
>
> Actually the lighting in many delivery rooms is not that bright.
>
> When my son was born (here in New York City in 1992) I used the 50 mm Summilux on
> one of my M-5's w. ASA 400 film and got good results wide open at around 1/15 -1/30
> second. However, I wished I had loaded faster film and used the Noctilux.

I'll take your word for it. I'm surprised, though; that sounds very dark; I  wouldn't
be happy being on the medical staff, just to get sued for making a mistake while
having to work in totally unavailable darkness.

> Flash is *NOT* a good idea under such conditions. One does not wish to startle or
> blind the doctors or nurses at a critical moment.

In my opinion, on-camera flash is never a good idea; there is alway a better solution.

> Based on my experience, the only AF  point and shoot that would be viable under
> these conditions is a Canon EOS series body w. the f 1 lens and the pop up flash
> switched off.

I was thinking in terms of the Minilux, to be honest. If you pop that ISO1600 into a
f2.4 camera, that should go a long way.

> Lastly, I just wish to mention that a typical American hospital does not quite
> qualify as the "people's workplace". I could go into it in more detail, but that
> would only incite a flame war and we already have enough of those on the LUG.

Hehe..... okay.

Bernard

Message from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)
Message from Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru> (Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!)