Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:54:46 EDT

In a message dated 6/12/00 5:40:21 PL Pacific Daylight Time,
drodgers@nextlink.com writes:

<<
 I have a standard "newspaper" test I use on all lenses. I didn't quantify
 the results so this is subjective. But IMO the new 90/2.8 was significantly
 better (contrast and resolution) than either of the other two lenses at
 f2.8 and f4. The result was clear cut enough that I sold the older lenses
 and I have no hint of regret.

 As I said, I've owned and used many 90s and the latest Elmarit is my
 favorite, hands down. Further, the filter size is the same as my 35/1.4
 ASPH. I only need a single set of filters when I carry those two lenses.