Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera &Darkroom
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:54:34 +0000

Jacques (merci bien, mon ami), Arthur and other subscribers from the LUG,

The next C&D is approximately 6 weeks behind schedule and will be published
mid-July due to an unforseen domestic problem...

Some subscribers to C&D, and most folks in the photo trade this side of the
pond, know that I publish the magazine from home because of attending to my
wife who has suffered from MS for several years. Unfortunately she fell
awkwardly here in the house and broke her hip (now replaced) and shoulder,
resulting in a 6 week hospital stay. Although I was able, thankfully, to
attend to her needs completely in hospital during that time for
12-hours-a-day it left me with no time, or energy, to work on the
magazine... and I missed the end-May publication date.

However, Trish has now been at home for two weeks and my care for her has,
of necessity, become a round-the-clock 24-hour-a-day routine including
everything from washing, dressing and feeding to toilet requirements (the
latter several times a night)... the fractures were on her left side and she
is left-handed!

I am only just (this week) getting back to the Mac to continue working on
the latest issue of the magazine and so predict a revised publication date
of mid-July. 60% of the editorial was completed before Trish's accident but
I still have all the advertising to purchase and lay-out. Realistically it
will be impossible for me to publish all the issues for this year so there
will only be four sent out... but everyone's subscriptions will be extended
automatically.

My apologies for any disappointment caused by making folks wait for the
magazine but I'm coping single-handedly the best I can... working from home
has many advantages, but trying to get help when one lives remotely in the
hills of Wales ain't one of them!

Regards,

Ed Buziak / Publisher
Camera & Darkroom magazine