Subject: [Leica] RE: Parts source?
From: calciua@hn.va.nec.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:42:37 -0400

I thought the M4-P had parts made of some wierd alloy, unlike the other
Leicas. Maybe I am wrong. Certainly, the size seems to be the same, but if
the material does not match, what good it is? Might as well use Black tape
(for anodized cameras) or silver air conditioning repair ducting tape (for
chrome cameras).

The suggestion for a Rapidwinder is interesing. Hmmmm. Any cheap, used ones
out there?

Am I wrong.... but isn't the bottom for your camera the same as for the M6?
If it is, why not just get in touch with Leica.... or is this a collectible
that needs an authentic replacement?
Seriously, This time, as I don't know!
Dan

Andrei D. Calciu