Subject: Re: [Leica] Sell or part exchange?
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:26:26 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/00 1:41:54 AM, nfrnkish@tcd.ie writes:

<< I am in a little bit of a dilemma.  I bought a 35 becuase I felt 28 gave
too much distortion for "street photography", but sometimes the 35 is just
not wide enough. However 28 is too close to 35, so I thought I might
replace the 28 with a 24. At the same time, I could do with a second body.
As a consequence, I am considering a deal with my local shop, trading in
the 28 plus cash (lots) for a 24 and a secondhand M6 body. The problem is
that I'm only getting half of what I paid for the 28 (latest, boxed and in
mint condition) - about $850. I think I might be better selling the 28
privately, or doing a private swap for a less than mint M6, but prices are
higher here, and $850 might be reasonable. Any comments?

shoot a decent picture of it, set a realistic reserve and take a whirl at
ebay. The worst you'll do is waste a week of time and you may far exceed your
expectations. Remember those those suckers which are born every minute? A lot
of them seem to congregate  on ebay . . .

Bob (actually likes ebay a lot) McEowen

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> (Re: [Leica] Sell or part exchange?; 28mm M price)