Subject: [Leica] why are you posting this to the Lug???
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:55:23 -0500

No offense Kyle and Joe, but what do you hope to accomplish by posting these
messages to the LUG.  Are you telling some people on the LUG they are not
worthy of owning a Leica nor a Noctilux?  Or do you hope to insult everyone
who is not using Leicas to earn a living on this list or those who you think
are being outshot by 12 year olds with toy cameras.  Or do you want to
discourage people on the LUG from sharing photographs in the future for fear
they will ridiculed?

For many people on this list, Photography is a hobby and or a second passion
and to them Leica is the best way to enjoy it as well as record personal and
family memories. If the photography of people on the LUG doesn't meet your
standards and you feel hindered by it enough to announce it publically on
the LUG, perhaps you should find a group of people who share your feelings
elsewhere.

Either way, Let's be nice on the Lug.

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador
http://duane_birkey.tripod.com

	From: "Kyle Cassidy" <cassidy@netaxs.com>

>the www.toycamera.com group and the leica uses group, THEY KICK OUR ASSES
every time. i'm absolutely serious,
		SNIP
> go ahead and look at their galleries. then ask yourself why you spent
$1400 on that m6.
> we still need to come up with a credo for the LUG; this ain't it though.
		>kc
Could it be that aside of a few LUG professionals and others who make good
photos for a living or for profit, the rest of us are too concerned about
the latest, sharpest, bokehest, and microcontrastiest instead of art, soul,
and content?

As an example I will name only one instance: Of all the sample photos shown
by LUG members which were taken with a Noctilux, I cannot name a single one
whose pictorial merit would justify the enormous expenses of such a lens.

		Joseph Codispoti