Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Was: Tell Me About This Lens Now: TE versus new elmarit
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:26:48 -0400

But then you would have two 90/2.8 lenses.  Would you see yourself using
both of them?  I know that if I determined that the newer 90/2.8 was a
better lens, I would probably never use the older TE.  Similarly, if I
determined that the newer lens was no better for me than the older lens, I
would feel that I wasted my money on the new Elmarit.

I am in somewhat of a similar situation.  I have the older thin TE, and
agree with you that it is a fine walking around lens.  However, last year I
bought the new 90/2 AA, and while it is heavier than the TE, I find that it
is still comfortable to walk around with (speaking for myself, only!).
And, it gives me one extra (very useable) stop in case I need it.  So my
old TE is packed away in the box, and will eventually be sold.

Dan C.

Message from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> ([Leica] Re: Was: Tell Me About This Lens Now: TE versus new elmarit)