Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 09:25:29 -0400

B. D. Colen jotted down the following:

> If the Konica Hexar RF bodies prove to be reliable,
> there may not be an M around much longer....

I will be very suprised if Leica cameras cease to be made.  There will
always be Leica, just as there will always be Ferarri, Patek Philippe,
Bulgari etc., because premium luxury goods sell pretty much regardless of
the general economic climate.  Now, an extreme case might be where Leica
only manufactures limited edition, jewel-encrusted, platinum Ms to order,
but I'm  they'll be around, even if the Konica Hexar RF sells ten times as
many rangefinders as Leica does per year.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |  All wiyht. Rho sritched mg
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |  kegtops awound?

Replies: Reply from Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???)