Subject: RE: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 07:32:07 -0400

Hi, Steven - You may have really gotten to it...that the folks who count are
the collectors, not the users. Because, first, there is nothing exotic or
special about a 35-70 2.8. Zoom...it is a standard PJ lens in autofocus for
both Nikon and Canon....and, second, the pricing of many items is utterly
ludicrous.....what will be interesting to see in the longish but not
eternally long run is how the Leica rangefinder franchise holds up against
serious competition...If the Konica Hexar RF bodies prove to be reliable,
there may not be an M around much longer....