Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:02:43 +1000

Hugh Thompson wrote:

> Interested in hearing other situations and experiences, thank you Rick for
> starting this string  -  Hugh Thompson

Mnemonics are handy.

I have one called 'FLASH' for my team shots with R8, Metz 50, Tripod
mounted.  It goes like this.

The word Flash itself - check the flash settings, flash exposure
over-ride, etc, then

F for Focus - check the focus
L for Light - check the light balance
A for Attitude - check the attitude of the camera, make adjustments for
nice composition
S for Shutter - check the shutter speed setting, sync speed
H for Happy - remember to get the team happy for the shot.

It becomes automatic of course, but I deliberatley run through it if I'm
feeling flustered.

As for getting good smiles from the whole team, I've been using this
trick lately.  Once they're positioned, I prattle away with;
'Now, everybody say a long 'B'.  Ok, that was good, now let's all do a
'C'.  Yeah, that was good.  Now could everybody do a long 'P' please?'
Wait a second, then hit the button!

Ha!

Rick Dykstra

Message from "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca> (Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.)