Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.
From: Ebert Steele <k5cad@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:58:40 -0500

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
 To: leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
 Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 6:37 PM
 Subject: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.

      Tell us about your biggest, worst, most
      enlightening, whatever, photographic screw up.

      Might save some of us from doing the same.

 Dan Post wrote:

      This goes back to when I was foolish enough to do weddings!

Well Dan, this goes back to when I did weddings (and anything
else photographic) to pay my way through school. Most of yall
Gen"x"ers and Boomers won't even believe it but I know there are
one or two on here that will remember.

I was 19 at the time. Sitting on the isle near the rear of the
church waiting for the bride and groom to make their exit. I was
shooting a 4X5 Crown Graphic, SuperXX film pack and Press 22(I
think?) flash bulbs. The bottom came off of the battery holder (
I have forgotten what we called that thing) and one, two, three,
four D cells hit the floor. That church floor was not level.
Those cells rolled and rolled on toward the front and I never
recovered all of them and half the reception of over before I
found a store open on Saturday evening in Big Spring, Texas to
get more batteries.

That was my second wedding. Also my last. After that I did
kidnaping (One of you older guys can explain it to them) and
stock photos (that's horses and cows -- not magazine and ad
sales). An old rancher will teach you quickly about perspective
and foreshortening. He likes his cows short legged and his horses
the tall. I'll save that screw up for another thread.

Steele

Message from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.)