Subject: Re: [Leica] Adventures with a Fluke meter and a M6TTL, rated G
From: David Prakel <dprakel@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 12:02:58 -0400

on 11/6/00 3:01 am, John Collier at owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
wrote:

> Subject: [Leica] Adventures with a Fluke meter and a M6TTL, rated G

Full marks for the definitive answer to the M6TTL battery discharge problem.
I use a pre TTL M6 and never had a problem with batteries until I started
using the camera loose in a camera bag. Of course I always leave the shutter
cocked. This way I could consume one set of batteries a day. Solution. Don't
cock the shutter when the camera can rest against anything that might
activate the display.

As a long time R4 but brand new R8 user does anyone have any opinions about
how and when to switch the R8 off? Switching the meter off between shots
seems obsessive but can you leave it on all day, or for a half-hour session
of shooting, or what? I can't see any recommendations in the manual (which I
thought was one of the worst German-English translations I've come across
from Leica - I love the phrase 'normal photographic motive'.)

- --
David Prakel

dprakel@rochester.rr.com

Replies: Reply from Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au> (Re: [Leica] Adventures with a Fluke meter and a M6TTL, rated G)