Subject: Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 23:37:45 -0400

Ted,
Thanks for sharing this story.  Sort of reminds me of another Canadian
shoot with a somewhat better outcome -- Karsh and Churchill.

My latest screwup was last month when I volunteered to take departmental
group shots at the company picnic.  I had my way cool Contax 645, Metz
flash for fill, and Bogen 3021 tripod with the ball head.  I got some
volunteer subjects to help me haul the stuff to the site from my car,
set everything up, and went to mount the camera.  Whoops, I had left the
dern quick release plate neither on the camera or the tripod.  It was
sitting at home!  They said, why aren't you using the tripod?  I said, I
think it will work out better this way -- which of course by then was
true.  Now everybody on this list knows how stupid I was.  Fortunately
two things:  the shots came out just fine handheld, and I don't pretend
to make a living at this.  In photographers, you get what you pay for!
John

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Screw Ups 'r Us.)