Subject: Re: [Leica] stuck 50
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 18:56:06 -0700

At 9:02 AM -0400 6/9/00, Dan Honemann wrote:
>Had an odd occurrence the other day while shooting with my 50 summi: the
>focus ring got stuck at about 6 feet from min. and wouldn't turn any further
>toward infinity.  I was looking through the finder and couldn't figure out
>why I couldn't get the rangefinder to coincide at an object about 12 feet
>away.  Finally took the camera from my eye and had to somewhat forcibly turn
>it past 6 feet, loosen in up with a few turns back and forth, and all has
>been right since.
>
>Is this unusual for a new summicron?  I figured if it doesn't happen again,
>I'll forget about it, but maybe a lugger knows what might have caused it.
>
>Dan

Better have it checked. Those symptons are often due to a screw coming
loose inside, and forcing the focussing can damage something quite easily.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (RE: [Leica] stuck 50)