Subject: [Leica] stuck 50
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:02:08 -0400

Had an odd occurrence the other day while shooting with my 50 summi: the
focus ring got stuck at about 6 feet from min. and wouldn't turn any further
toward infinity.  I was looking through the finder and couldn't figure out
why I couldn't get the rangefinder to coincide at an object about 12 feet
away.  Finally took the camera from my eye and had to somewhat forcibly turn
it past 6 feet, loosen in up with a few turns back and forth, and all has
been right since.

Is this unusual for a new summicron?  I figured if it doesn't happen again,
I'll forget about it, but maybe a lugger knows what might have caused it.

Dan

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] stuck 50)