Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #158
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:53:39 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/00 7:08:45 AM, owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
writes:

<< >I purchased M equipment to reduce weight but am finding it heavy.
>I currently carry around whilist travelling
>M6 Body - Colour Slide
>M6 Body - B & W
>90m f2.8
>35Asp f2
>21Asp F 2.8
>50 m f2
>Sf20 Flash
>Leica Polarizer
>Gitzo table tripod
>Film
>misc
>
>Weight 6Kg + >>

There is no denying that carrying a couple of M series Leicas with attached
lenses on neck straps is analogous to tying a bag of bricks around your neck.
The suggestion that you switch to an Olympus system is a good one - but if
you wish to remain in the Leica fold you can pick up a CL with a 40mm
Summicron and a 90mm Elmarit, add your 21mm lens with its viewfinder and you
will eliminate at least 4 of those 6Kg. Of course you can always carry a
Minox.

LarryZ