Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:09:42 EDT

Yikes, John!

Doubles??  One of the main reasons I love the T-E is its stealth abilities.
As Robert Doisneau often called himself, I too am (and please no one blast my
French spelling) a "chasseur d'images."  Having such a long shade stick on
the end of the lens might cal a little more attention to it.  But then, it's
not like the thing is huge to begin with, so "double" couldn't be too
terrible, I suppose...

I'm also gathering from your earlier post that there actually must be
something wonked on the outer, female threads of my retaining ring (they've
always been like that since I've had it).  A standard E39 filter as I use on
both the collapsible and mid-model rigid Summicrons simply won't go on right.
 I wind up just screwing it in like half a turn, till I feel it get tight,
then stop.  So far, this hasn't caused any real trouble, but it feels tacky.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help!
Scott