Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 07:02:59 -0600

It sounds like I may well have be misinformed. Trust me it has happened
before :-)! Leica only carries the 12575 shade as a replacement for the
90/2.8 T-E*. The 11250 shade is not available.

John Collier

Scott, the 12575 almost doubles the length of the lens.

* I have not check this fact out for over a year now so check first before
placing any bets at the LHSA bar.

> From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
>
> John Collier wrote:
>>
>> OK! Here goes. The 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit  came with either a metal shade or
>> folding rubber shade depending on vintage. The early and late production
>> lenses came with the 12575 metal shade that reversed over the lens for
>> storage and was then covered by the 14033 cap.
>
> John,
>
> I have a late production (Germany) T-E and it came with the
> folding rubber shade.
> Are you sure that some late production T-E came with 12575 ?

and,

>> From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
>>
>> Define "late production". My TE has serial number 33 something (and
>> pictured on my Leica page), and I'm fairly certain (not 100%) that it was
>> one of the last made before the new 90/2.8 Elmarit replaced it.  It came
>> with the rubber hood.

and,